WELCOME!!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog about knitting, reading, and cooking - 3 of my favorite things!!! I'm no expert on any of these, so input is not just welcomed, but encouraged! Now let's have a little fun!!

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Book Review: Muckross Folly by J.L. Austgen

The BEST book you haven't read!!






 
This is one amazing read! 

For some reason, I haven't seen many reviews on this book - YET!  Austgen is a force to be reckoned with and in this case, has in my opinion, should be viewed as a fantastic up and coming writer.  

Muckross Folly is Austgen's second novel, the follow up to Keyser Run, which I have not yet read, but after this, it's definitely on my To Be Read (TBR) list!

FBI Agent, Evelyn Morgan is struggling after several members of her team, including her lover, have just been killed by Omar Ben Iblis, an assassin like none other.  He is merciless, cunning, and has just snuck into her apartment to taunt her.  It's the case of a lifetime, and Iblis is personally announcing his retirement to her after the most recent bloodbath he's created.  However, Morgan has vowed at all costs, to catch the man who destroyed her team and her love life.  
Just when she thinks her chances are fading, she learns that not only has tragedy struck yet again, it's also closer to home than she'd like to admit.  Her investigation leads her to an old college friend, Washington big wigs, and ultimately her estranged father.  Not to mention Iblis' protege who may be more deadly than him.  
Morgan needs to act quickly before the retirement before her legendary case grows cold and she's never able to collar the killer who may be the world's most deadly assassin.

This book kept me turning the pages so quickly that had it not been school holidays, I would've finished it in one setting.  It's really that good!  For some reason it demonstrated Girl with the Dragon Tattoo elements, yet with the pace it equally had the intensity of a James Patterson novel.  
I can't remember what initially drew me to this book, but I was so excited to read it, and  very much look forward to reading more by this author.  
I highly recommend this book for anyone who's interested in mysteries and thriller.  And bonus.....it's a steal for your Kindle on Amazon right now.  

Thank you Net Galley and Dreampipe Publishing for this most wonderful read, and introducing me to yet another fantastic writer!!

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment