WELCOME!!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog about knitting, reading, and cooking - 3 of my favorite things!!! I'm no expert on any of these, so input is not just welcomed, but encouraged! Now let's have a little fun!!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Book Recommendation: Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson

  What a lovely book of sweet gifts!!!
Thank you Open Road Publishers and Net Galley for this most treasured book of beautiful gifts to knit.  As you know I've always got something going, and what is better than giving the gift of a handmade item.
I find that many pattern books often leave a lot to be desired, as they may only have a few things I'm interested in making.  However, this little beauty makes me want to go increase my yarn stash and get ready to go.  Everything in here is not only ideal for the perfect gift, but also makes the reader want to knit it.

This book has everything from 2 Hour Baby Booties and Scarves, to 8 Hour and over Blankets.  It is beautifully presented and I love how not only does it include little tid bits for the knitting novice, but also wonderful explanations and pictures for those who are more experienced knitters who may just need to something little different to finish or embellish the project.  The presentation is simple and beautiful and very well laid out.  I also love how she includes the knitted gift bag, as well as ideas for wrapping these hand made delights.  A perfect addition to any knitters library!  Ok, I'm off to knit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment